1. Mix flour, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add 600g Shazans Diced Beef and toss with the seasoned flour until well coated. Set aside.
2. Add a splash of olive oil to a large pot and place it over medium heat. When it’s hot, add the coated beef and cook for 5 minutes, or until the meat is browned all over. Transfer to a plate and leave to one side.
3. Add a little more olive oil to the same pot and saute the chopped onions until translucent and brown. Add the minced garlic, paprika and chilli flakes. Cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
4. Add the bay leaves, whole cloves, thyme and rosemary. Also, add the potatoes, carrots, celery and tomatoes.
5. Then deglaze the pot with the warm water/beef stock. Bring to a simmer.
6. Add back the cooked diced beef into the pot. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Cover with a tight lid and allow it to simmer together for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
8. Remove the bay leaves.
9. Add the peas and chopped parsley and give the stew a good stir. Adjust seasonings to your taste. Cover with the lid for a few minutes.
10. Serve the homemade beef stew with your favourite bread, mashed potatoes or rice and sprinkled with the fresh parsley.
11. This delicious beef stew serves 3-4 people.