Reports to: Commercial Director
- Manages and develops the relationship for a range of customers on behalf of the business
- Delivers the budgeted sales, profitability and brand plan for each customer
- Develops new business from scratch
- Is the key link between our customers and our business – the “go to” person. Works with all associated functions internally and externally to land initiatives brilliantly on time and within cost budget.
- Capable of building excellent relationships with customers which results in a growing business
- Manages all day to day interaction and communication with customer
- Creates and leads a structured business plan for each by customer.
- Works closely with Operations, Supply Chain, Brand, New Product Development and Technical functions in both businesses to ensure everything we do is high quality and within budget.
- Consistently out performs budgeted sales within profitability guidelines for each customer
- Has confidence and ability to develop new business from scratch
- Is a brand ambassador at all times
- Your customers rank you as “best in class” in our industry
- Deliver budget sales plan
- Deliver budget profit plan
- Deliver brand strategy and initiatives
- Deliver customer business plan requirements
- Track performance versus plan on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Your accounts deliver the budgeted sales plan
- Your accounts deliver the budgeted profit plan
- Your accounts deliver the brand strategy and specific initiatives
- Your accounts deliver the customers’ business plan requirements
- Your accounts support the company new product development pipeline
- You bring in new accounts ahead of the budget plan
- Resilience – Never gives up. Proactive focus on growing sales and controlling costs. Good knowledge of own numbers and always has a plan to meet or exceed targets without being asked.
- Brilliant Execution – Use thinking skills to analyse, decide, prioritise and plan. Can balance short term requirements with long term objectives to achieve commercial goals.
- Communication and Influencing Skills – Able to influence people at all levels, internal and external, through listening and adjusting communication style to meet the needs of the audience.
- Customer Focused – Understands the customer better than anyone else in the food business. Always seeking to improve quality and service for our internal / external stakeholders.
- Team Player – Works with colleagues to do what is best for the Company as a whole, ahead of divisional, department or personal goals.
- Leadership – Puts the team first. Owns results of self and team. Inspires others to follow through involvement, coaching, setting direction and performance standards.
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
- Previous experience of sales roles within food industry
- Past experience of own label would be advantageous
- Past experience of fresh meat, frozen foods, convenience foods or food to go sectors would be advantageous
- Ability to demonstrate past success for sector chosen (e.g. if retail.. examples of retail account management)
- Commercially astute
- Strong problem solver
- Driven, resilient and responsiveness
- Strong ability to work independently in a very fast pace environment with demanding goals
- Passion for ethnic foods and our customers
- Brand leader in Ethnic Foods and Halal
- £70m business
- Fresh Meat, In-Store Butchery, Frozen, Convenience and Food to Go categories
- Accessible 2 days a week (either in Eye, Suffolk or London area)