Reports to: Finance Director
- Manage the SKU costing process within the business
- Ownership of the Customer SKU profitability models (or equivalent)
- Input into Commercial Evaluation Process
- Provision of commercial decision support, by providing cost information and analysis for JBP, promotions and contract evaluation
- Providing input into the calculations of profitability by customer
Costing and Associated Commercials
- Ownership of the standard costing process, including:
- Design, manage and maintain the central costing model, ensuring information contained is accurate and up to date
- Agree a consistent methodology for costing all SKU’s, including overhead absorption
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the operations of all 1Stop manufacturing sites
- Own the Customer profitability process. Input on all Commercial proposals to provide cost information.
- Manage and maintain Customer Profitability models, ensuring data is accurate and up to date
- General financial analysis and investigations as required from time to time
- Develop and deliver a methodology and process for costing products in a single, simple effective way across the business
- Agree a single costing methodology and roll out the Policy and associated documents across the business by end April 16
- Calculate Standard costs for all SKU’s within business and collate data in a single location – by end May 2016
- Maintain Standard Costs on a quarterly basis to ensure they remain accurate – ongoing
- Using Standard costs, create Customer Profitability models/Open Book for all Customers– end to end
- Develop a process to ensure all Commercial cost requests use Standard costs rather than requiring site input each time. KPI on cost turnaround 48 hours from request maximum
- Resilience – Never gives up. Proactive focus on growing sales and controlling costs. Good knowledge of own numbers and always has a plan to meet or exceed targets without being asked.
- Brilliant Execution – Use thinking skills to analyse, decide, prioritise and plan. Can balance short term requirements with long term objectives to achieve commercial goals.
- Communication and Influencing Skills – Able to influence people at all levels, internal and external, through listening and adjusting communication style to meet the needs of the audience.
- Customer Focused – Understands the customer better than anyone else in the food business. Always seeking to improve quality and service for our internal / external stakeholders.
- Team Player – Works with colleagues to do what is best for the Company as a whole, ahead of divisional, department or personal goals.
- Leadership – Puts the team first. Owns results of self and team. Inspires others to follow through involvement, coaching, setting direction and performance standards.
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
- Preferably CIMA Qualified Accountant – although active part qualified considered
- Experience of cost accounting within FMCG sector (preferably meat)
- Commitment to get the right answer
- Experience of designing and embedding process improvements into ways of working
- Strong Excel skills
- £100m business
- 2 Manufacturing sites
- 100+ sku – including outsourced