Shazan Foods continues to monitor COVID-19 developments with a focus on the health and safety of our workforce whilst mitigating business impacts for our customers. Please click here for full details of measures taken.
1. Mix Together the Garlic Powder, Honey, Pomegranate Molasses, Olive Oil, Lemon Juice, Ground Cumin, Turmeric Powder and Black Pepper in a bowl to form a marinade.
2. Pierce the Lamb Shoulder multiple times with a knife
3. Thoroughly cover the pierced shoulder in the marinade
4. Let the shoulder marinate for a minimum of 2 hours, for best taste leave overnight
5. Line the baking tray with the sliced onion
6. Place the marinated lamb in the tray on top of the sliced onions
7. Add the cup of water/Stock to the tray
8. Sprinkle over the saffron and then cover the tray tightly with foil
9. Cook at 170 C in a preheated fan oven for 1 hour 15 minutes. Remove the foil from the tray and roast for the final 20 minutes.
10. Remove lamb from roasting pan/container. Save the juice and caramelised onions as the juice makes a delicious sauce/gravy.
11. Serve with your favourite salad, rice or couscous and caramelised onions!